ads 728x90

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Career: 5 habits that make you lose confidence

 



Are you lacking in self-confidence? This week, I'm going to share with you five confidence-destroying habits that you're going to have to quit as soon as possible! Here are the 5 habits that destroy self-confidence!


In general, we spend too much time on social networks. I spend too much time on social networks and it makes me lose a lot of time. 


But beyond that, one of the main problems of social networks is that we spend our time comparing ourselves to our friends, to influencers who have dreamed lives on the Internet, to former colleagues who give the impression of having an exceptional career. 


And what is going on in our heads? We compare ourselves, we complex ourselves and sometimes we even feel like we are a good-for-nothing. This is a factor in the loss of self-confidence.


So, as we know, on the networks everything is "fake" or at least we only show you the glamorous aspects of things. So limit your consumption!


You wake up in the morning not having had a great night and immediately you say to yourself: "This is going to be a bad day, I lack energy and I look bad".


What if instead, you say to yourself: "It's okay, I didn't sleep well. I'll make it up to you tonight. Here, let me have a good coffee and I'll feel better." Do you see the difference? Do you realize that this type of thinking makes you lose confidence? 


It's the same thing when you don't dare to do or ask for something because you anticipate a negative response. Stop thinking for others because you are thinking wrong! Believe me. 


Precisely, if you lack self-confidence, I invite you to watch my video where I share with you 7 exercises to do on a daily basis to have more self-confidence. 


 Bad habit #3: Being a perfectionist

If you are one of those people who are very demanding with themselves, who set high goals or who are in search of an ideal, you must be a perfectionist!


And as a result, it is very difficult to live with on a daily basis because you put a lot of pressure on yourself. I am a bit like that and sometimes it eats me up.

So I always tell myself one thing: it's always better to do things than to wait for things to be perfect, otherwise you don't move forward. 


It's important to be kind to yourself, not to be too hard on yourself to regain your self-confidence.


Let's imagine that you have a very ambitious project to launch. Instead of waiting for perfection, you can define intermediate objectives to reach. This will allow you to move forward. And you can always keep in mind the improvements to make for V2. 


Doing things, producing things, is a great way to gain confidence. So move forward, set goals that may be a little less ambitious in the short term, but move forward! That's what counts. 


Bad Habit #4: Letting others make decisions for you

Are you the type to think: 


"My boss is horrible. He's hell. He puts me under crazy pressure. I work crazy hours. "


So if this resonates with you it means you are letting others make the decisions for you. I know what you're going to say. "Karen, not at all. I don't have a choice, my boss is making me do this."


Actually, I disagree. You always have a choice in life. You always have options: 


You can explain to your manager that this way of working makes you less productive. 

You can decide to look for a job in another department if things can't get better with your manager. 

And you can even decide to change companies. 

It is important to feel that you are in control of your destiny in order to have confidence in yourself. And when you are in an uncomfortable situation, you have to change things to improve it. It is important to take care of yourself physically and psychologically. 


Bad habit #5: Not intervening in a conversation

You think your ideas are not interesting enough to be shared? Don't dare to express yourself in public? 


Often, when you lack self-confidence, you will tend not to intervene in a conversation. 


I'm sure you've already said to yourself: I won't say anything because I'll be laughed at or I'll bore others. 


You are wrong! You are just as great as the others because you are unique. The only difference between you and them is that you don't allow yourself to express yourself. And I can assure you that the people who are usually silent in groups are often the ones who say the most relevant things. 


What do you risk by speaking up? Not much, we agree. So, will you try it today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment